1st add

Saturday, January 21, 2012

12 Years Pachali Bhairab Mask Dance performed

This Dance is performed once in 12 years in different place of Kathmandu. For 2 days this dance is performed near by Taleju Bhawani Temple in Basantapur (Jan 20-21, Friday and Saturday). I was bit lucky because when I was returning from my office I saw this dance group going to perform in Basantapur I hade taken some good snaps, lucky in that case because this dance is perform once in 12 years and after 12 years only it is possible to take some snaps like this. This dance is believe to be 470 years old.

In This dance 11 different Hindu goddess mask dance is performed. People offer different pujas and offering in this ceremony. Animals like goats and buffalos are also sacrificed in this event as "Bali Puja."



No comments:

Post a Comment